Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy 2013!

Happy New Year, Dear Readers...


Every year on New Year's Eve, I take stock of the past year and how I lived my life and what I experienced that year. I am quickly approaching my 65th year and everything has a little different hue for me. I certainly feel the richness of my experiences and the abounding love of my husband, family, and dear friends for which I feel blessed.

What I do know is that I'm very happy with my life. I love that we retired to the country where we are in the midst of nature both as observer and as participant. I awake every day with gratitude.

We had a serious loss this past year of a dear friend who lost her battle with lung cancer, some personal brushes with health challenges, friends who received news of serious health issues, but also new babies, new marriages, graduations, travel, visitors and all the other milestones of life. In other words it was another year of human experiences each of which marked my heart.

What with all the political crisis, negativity, violence and meanness in the world in which we currently reside, I try to  live my life with dignity, respect, kindness and love and hope for us all that we can make the world a better place in 2013. One person CAN make a difference, and THAT is how the world will change.

Best wishes and blessings for the new year,
Delores

No comments: